Here are 10 tips for your mental wellness at home and at work:
1. In moments of high stress, try deep breathing. Take a moment to unplug to calm your mind and body.
2. Listen. When people do open up in the workplace about their mental well-being how do you respond? Read these important tips.
3. Stress can have negative effects on your health. Take the stress test here.
4. Are you always on? Remember the importance of work/life balance. Set priorities and stick to them.
5. Are you sleeping? Nearly two-thirds of Americans say they lose sleep because of stress. Read these tips on getting better sleep.
6. Remember the why. Sometimes we can lose motivation at work. View these tips on dealing with change and boosting motivation.
7. Do something nice for someone else. Studies show you can boost your mood by helping others.
8. Talk it out. Sometimes we need a listening ear. Search for a behavioral health provider near you. Want to talk right away? Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to reach a 24-hour crisis center (in the US).
9. Try a mental health-screening test. Taking a mental health screening is one of the quickest and easiest ways to determine whether you are experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition.
10. Be prepared. Take a mental health first aid course so you will know how to help and support others.
If you’re thinking about suicide, are worried about a friend or loved one, or would like emotional support, the Lifeline network is available 24/7 across the United States.